Is it possible to start a text selection, jump to another page without moving the caret, and then end the selection range with shift-click?

If I use the navigation pane, or the "Go to" command, the caret moves, and my contiguous text selection is cancelled.

Dragging the vertical scroll-bar, or using the scroll wheel will move the view-port without moving the caret, but these methods are slower and more tedious.

I tried another way with Ctrl + F Find:

  • I copied some text from the end of my text range.
  • In the navigation pane, I heading-jumped to the beginning of my text selection.
  • Then, I used Ctrl + F Find with the copied text to try to go back to the text selection end.
  • This doesn’t work in Word, as the caret still moves.

On the other hand, Find and replace Ctrl + H does not break the text selection in Google Docs.



Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a method to do this in Word.

  • 2
    Saying something isn't possible can be the right answer, but that, alone, leaves the reader with a question of whether you're correct or just aren't familiar with a solution. This kind of answer is always better if you can cite a source. – fixer1234 Jan 28 '16 at 19:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.