My Firefox browser has become infected with the istartsurf hijacker, which means that an istartsurf tab is added to my browser's tabs each time I start Firefox. How do I get rid of it?
What I already did/tried
- Remove istartsurf with Revo Uninstaller
- Remove all instances of istartsurf files on my system disk
- Remove all references to istartsurf in the registry
- Restored startup options in Firefox
- Remove all references to istartsurf in Firefox settings ("about.config")
Doesn't seem to be sufficient, though; the tab still gets added. What else needs to be done?
PS: On this site they suggest resetting Firefox to its default state, but I'd like to avoid that.