If the original port itself is fine, then the issue could be a driver conflict with that particular port.
Code 43 results when the hardware cannot communicate well with each other through that port Group due to device driver failure or device hardware failure.
Other ports work since the device driver is being reconfigured through clean ports from scratch. Microsoft has to get their acts together, to see if they can prevent such buggy situations.
It is good practice to not always swap ports, especially printer, USB wlan, Bluetooth dongles & EXT HDD. Using a dedicated port for these devices can avoid such issues.
A driver conflict happened when I swapped my 8 year old Bluetooth Dongle with that of my WLAN Dongle. At that time, I had to Uninstall every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers in Device Manager to resolve the Code 43 problem.
I often come across these type of issues. I work as a Tech Support Specialist for an MNC. More often Than not, issues occur on a Tuesday or a Wednesday. That's the time Microsoft used to push updates.
Many times a simple restart of the system and or reconnecting the USB device fixes the problem.
I faced a similar 'Device descriptor request failed - Code 43' issue 2 days ago with one of my USB Devices. But for a different reason and a different device. It was with my 8GB Strontium USB Drive.
There were some windows updates happening in the background, which I was not aware, and I had Hibernated my system after use. I disconnected the USB device from the computer after the system Hibernated.
The next day I resumed the system from hibernation and tried to access the USB drive, after Reconnecting it, It was not getting detected in windows. I restarted the system, Windows then was Configuring updates. Even after the system restarted after configuring the updates, the USB device was not getting detected. Checked in device manager and found Unknown Device (Device Descriptor
Request Failed) Code 43.
However, this time , by just uninstalling the respective device from the device Manager and scanning for HW changes resolved the problem.
Hope this answers your query.