Every time I try to install a printer on this one PC, the Spooler crashes and the installation fails. PC is brand new. Through troubleshooting, I found out that anytime I try to do anything with the printers, the spooler fails, like trying to delete drivers.
When the spooler crashes, this error is generated:
- Faulting application name: spoolsv.exe, version: 6.3.9600.17480, time stamp: 0x54585db9
- Faulting module name: hpb6sy2917_x64gui.dll, version: 184.108.40.206, time stamp: 0x5553b101
- Exception code: 0xc0000005
- Fault offset: 0x00000000000c2f2b
- Faulting process id: 0x10e0
- Faulting application start time: 0x01d11b2357d095b2
- Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsv.exe
- Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\hpb6sy2917_x64gui.dll
- Report Id: baaa4645-8716-11e5-be88-8cdcd453c6a8
- Faulting package full name:
- Faulting package-relative application ID:
Obviously, I have tried manually starting the service, and it does start, but as soon as I try anything, it crashes again.
“SFC /Scannow” found errors, but could not fix.
“dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” completed successfully.
I’m at my wits end, any help will be appreciated.