Small files sent by sites, used by web browsers, to keep your session or preferences for next time.
HTTP Cookies are small pieces of information in name-value pairs, used for persisting session data on a local computer. Examples include saving a login state, shopping cart contents or location preferences.
If your question is about HTML5 Local Storage, look at or use the local-storage tag instead.
- How to automatically remove Flash history/privacy trail? Or stop Flash from storing it?
- Deleting specific cookies from Google Chrome
- What is that cookie icon with the X in Google Chrome?
- Only keep persistent cookies from select sites in Firefox
- Clearing cookies from a specific site in Safari
- Internet Explorer 8 keeps losing cookies