Excel VBA programmer of over FIFTEEN years, mainly in investment banks. Though I am far from being just a tactical macro developer as I have authored many strategic code bases over the years.
I also consider myself knowledgeable in those strategic Enterprise technologies that deliver value specifically to the Excel platform, such as Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) , Microsoft .NET, C++. That is to say I know plenty about:
- Com Dlls called from Excel VBA;
- .NET Assemblies called from Excel VBA;
- C++ Xlls called from worksheet from Excel VBA;
- Windows (Win32) API calls that allow breaking out of Excel VBA constraints.
(but not say .NET ASP, WPF or C++ device drivers which have nothing to do with Excel)
- web technologies and tech start-ups must be quite exciting places to work;
- it is the language of not only Smartphone 'Apps' but also Office 'Apps'.